About LIMA, Objectives and Vision
The Objectives of the event are:
- To produce a glamorous\\dazzling awards event and television show that portrays the endowment of musical talent in The Limpopo Province.
- To promote unity and harmonious living amongst the different denominations using music as an art discipline.
- To promote Limpopo’s music artists and their works locally, regionally, and internationally by networking with other music awards.
- To encourage excellence in the Limpopo music industry, through positive competition and recognition.
- To change the attribute of Limpopo’s traditional/indigenous music to the modern and trendy way.
- To promote morality and positive living through music as an alternative and positive entertainment.
- To promote music business as a profitable industry.
The LIMA Awards will include community print (newspapers and magazines), community and national broadcasting (radio and television). These Awards will be inclusive of possibly all stakeholders in the sector, with common objectives.
Participation in the LIMA Awards is on the principle of inclusivity and peer-to-peer recognition. The organizing partners will be divided into Platinum, Gold, and Silver, in order to ensure participation by all.
The overall objective of the LIMA Awards is to encourage all local artists to go beyond their passion for music and produce music that meets the highest standard and to also recognize their hard work.
The Vision of LIMA:
To take music to greater horizons outside the regional and provincial borders
To be the most prestigious and most sought after music Awards in Limpopo and Southern Africa, by the artists, sponsors, and music lovers.
Promoting excellence in Music. To transform the image of Limpopo’s music, into a top quality and World class music industry
- Best Newcomer – Blazey Fresh
- Best Dance single – Rabs Vhafhuwi
- Best African Pop – Ntsikwane
- Best Afrikaans artist – Christella Smith
- Best Duo/Group/Collaboration – CK and Janisto
- Best Female artist – Maduvha
- Best Male artist – Benny Mahenganye
- Best Female DJ – Hellen Seabi
- Best Male DJ – Ceephonic
- Best Traditional Gospel album – Winnie Mashaba
- Best Contemporary Gospel album – Dr Tumi
- Best Jazz album – Candy
- Best Kwaito artist – Sido and Manana
- Best Live DVD – Pastor Lungi Ndala
- Best Music video – Darque
- Best Producer – Chymamusique
- Best Rap single – Tswyza
- Best RnB, Soul, Raggae single – Calandaray
- Best Khilobedu single – King Monada
- Best Sepedi/Manyalo album – Pleasure
- Best TshiVenda hit – Makhadzi
- Best Xitsonga hit – Benny Mahenganye
- Best Styled artist – Mahlatze Vokal
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr Thomas Chauke
- Song of the year – CK and Janisto
Download Forms And Upload In The Sign Up Tab
BEST Male ARTIST FORM
BEST LIVE DVD FORM
BEST KWAITO ARTIST GROUP FORM
BEST FEMALE DJ FORM
BEST FEMALE ARTIST FORM
BEST AFRIKAANER HIT FORM