For more information about the awards please visit our “About the Awards” Page
About LIMA, Objectives and Vision
The Objectives of the event are:
- To produce a glamorous\\dazzling awards event and television show that portrays the endowment of musical talent in The Limpopo Province.
- To promote unity and harmonious living amongst the different denominations using music as an art discipline.
- To promote Limpopo’s music artists and their works locally, regionally, and internationally by networking with other music awards.
- To encourage excellence in the Limpopo music industry, through positive competition and recognition.
- To change the attribute of Limpopo’s traditional/indigenous music to the modern and trendy way.
- To promote morality and positive living through music as an alternative and positive entertainment.
- To promote music business as a profitable industry.
The LIMA Awards will include community print (newspapers and magazines), community and national broadcasting (radio and television). These Awards will be inclusive of possibly all stakeholders in the sector, with common objectives.
Participation in the LIMA Awards is on the principle of inclusivity and peer-to-peer recognition. The organizing partners will be divided into Platinum, Gold, and Silver, in order to ensure participation by all.
The overall objective of the LIMA Awards is to encourage all local artists to go beyond their passion for music and produce music that meets the highest standard and to also recognize their hard work.
The Vision of LIMA:
To take music to greater horizons outside the regional and provincial borders
To be the most prestigious and most sought after music Awards in Limpopo and Southern Africa, by the artists, sponsors, and music lovers.
Promoting excellence in Music. To transform the image of Limpopo’s music, into a top quality and World class music industry
LIMA 19 Winers
- BEST NEW COMER – XISOMISANI
- BEST DANCE HIT – DANIEL MAVERN
- BEST AFRICAN POP HIT – NTSIKWANE
- BEST DUO/GROUP/COLLABORATION – BALDWIN K FT NTSIKWANE & MAHLATZE VOKAL
- BEST FEMALE ARTIST – CANDY TSA MANDEBELE
- BEST MALE ARTIST – KING MONADA
- BEST FEMALE DJ – CHARMZA
- BEST MALE DJ – DJ Q-SCOTCH
- BEST CONTEMPORARY GOSPEL HIT – KINGDMUSIC
- BEST TRADITIONAL GOSPEL HIT – WINNIE MASHABA
- BEST JAZZ HIT – NDIVHUO NL
- BEST KWAITO HIT – KASI KINGS
- BEST LIVE DVD – LUNGI NDALA
- BEST MUSIC VIDEO – CANDY TSA MANDEBELE
- BEST PRODUCER – HENNY C
- BEST RAP HIT – MOKAPOTENI
- BEST RNB/SOUL HIT – MAC J
- BEST KHELOBEDU HIT – KING SALAM FT VILLAGER SA
- BEST SEPEDI HIT – MOTLANALO
- BEST TSA MANYALO HIT – PLEASURE
- BEST TSHIVENDA HIT – ACOLLY MANDISA
- BEST XITSONGA HIT – JOE SHIRIMANI
- BEST STYLED ARTIST – CEDRIC TSONGA BOY
- BEST RAGGA HIT – DELTA DE LEO
- SONG OF THE YEAR – KING MONADA “MALWEDHE”
- INDUSTRY CONTRIBUTOR
“FILL UP GIYANI STADIUM”
Download Forms And Upload In The Sign Up Tab
BEST DANCE HIT
BEST AFRICAN POP HIT
BEST FEMALE ARTIST
BEST MALE ARTIST
BEST FEMALE DJ
BEST MALE DJ
BEST CONTEMPORARY GOSPEL HIT
BEST TRADITIONAL GOSPEL HIT
BEST JAZZ HIT
BEST KWAITO HIT
BEST LIVE DVD
BEST MUSIC VIDEO